*****PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR PRACTITIONER BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW DIETARY, HERBAL OR SUPPLEMENT REGIMEN!!!******
What are the benefits of Sea Moss?
1. High in iron and increases energy - Sea Moss contains about 9 miligrams of iron per 100 grams. That's nine times more iron than chicken! Many people who are vegan or vegetarian may have a hard time getting sufficient iron unless you're taking supplements. If you suffer from low iron, you might feel tired often because iron helps your body create red blood cells. Red blood cells move oxygen from your lungs to your cells. When your iron levels are low, your body's cells, tissues and organs don't get enough oxygen, which makes you feel week and lethargic. Because Sea Moss is rich in iron, as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium and zinc, including it in your daily regimen can help raise your energy levels.
2. Decreases allergy symptoms almost instantaneously - Since Sea Moss contains potassium iodide and potassium chloride, it helps eliminate mucus associated with allergies and inflammation really quickly. Also since Sea Moss is high in carrageenan, it's great for skin allergies also because it creates a film that protects the skin from further allergic reactions.
3. Very high in minerals - Dr. Sebi once said that Sea Moss contains up to 92 of the 102 minerals our bodies need. It's high in minerals such as iodine, potassium, iron and calcium.
4. Promotes regular thyroid function - The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below the Adam's apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in sea moss. By consuming sea moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid. These hormones have effects on the majority of the body’s tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat. Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus. Increases the growth rate of young children. Plays a major roll in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep. Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function. Regulates menstrual cycle. Controls cholesterol levels.
5. Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. The metabolism is for converting food into energy for cellular functions. Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells. Discarding waste after enough food has been processed.
6. Improves circulation- Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation
7. Boosts immune system function- Sea moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.
8. Promotes digestive regularity- sea moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. It is said due to the jelly- like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.
9. Suppresses appetite- Sea moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience the uncomfortable sensations in our stomach when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. Today we have many companies that create products to assist in the regulation and suppression of this hunger. Do your due diligence in researching what works best for you should you go that route. However, for the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as remove any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.
10. Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation. 8) Rich in vitamins and minerals- Sea moss is loaded with nutrients that are vital to the human body such as bromine, sulfur, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, beta-carotene, selenium, protein, pectin, zinc, vitamin-C and B-vitamins just to name a few.
What is the recommended daily amount?
The recommended daily amount for adults and teens is 1 - 2 tablespoons and for children 12 and under, start with 1 teaspoon for 2-3 days and adjust as needed.
How is it used/consumed?
Sea Moss can be consumed a variety of ways. Most of our customers purchase the gel and add the gel to their smoothies, teas or coffee. For a quicker, stronger effect, many customers eat it out of the jar. Customers also mix it in with soups or sauces, nut milks, or use it as a facial and mix it in with their shampoos and conditioners.
Does it have to be refrigerated?
The gel should be refrigerated as soon as possible and should last up to a month. To extend the shelf life for 7-10 days, add 3 drops of oregano oil. The dry raw sea moss should NOT be refrigerated! Never store dry sea moss in the fridge because it is too moist and the salt crystals will not be able to preserve the sea moss. Dry, unrefrigerated sea moss, should last for up to 1 year.
How do you convert the raw sea moss into gel?
In order to consume the raw sea moss, it has to be converted into gel first, by following the steps below:
1. Wash the sea moss to remove all salt and debris from the ocean.
2. Soak the sea moss in water and limes for 6-8 hours. Cut and squeeze the lime into the water.
3. The moss will expand 2-3xs it's size. Use 1 cup of natural spring water for every 1oz of sea moss used and blend until you have an apple sauce like texture.
4. Store in a glass container for up to 1 month and KEEP REFRIGERATED!!! To extend the shelf life for 7-10 days, add 3 drops of oregano oil.
Where does it come from?
Our Sea Moss is wild harvested from the Caribbean Seas of St. Lucia, Jamaica and other places along the Atlantic Ocean.
Is it safe for children and babies?
Yes, Sea Moss is a whole food and is perfectly safe for infants and toddlers. Dr. Sebi was on record on multiple occasions saying that he raised his children on sea moss!